Monday 23 November 2009

Early Research Oil Rigs/Refineries


Here are some images of oil refineries and oil rigs that inspired me to create my futuristic design. I wanted my structure to be on the same sort of scale more like a military factory with cranes and electronic equipment and machinery that would break up military vehicles and tanks. I wanted the structure to be suspended off the ground much like an oil rig on huge stilts. I had the idea that these installations had to be high off the ground because harmful gases would be fatal to those working inside these huge fortresses. Cranes and other machinery would lift the vehicles up into the safety of these military factories where the mechanics could literally chop up the military vehicles as part of a disarmament process. 










No comments:

Post a Comment