Thursday 26 November 2009

Modeling the exterior.


Using the concepts I had created in Photoshop I then began blocking out the exterior of my Chop Shop in Maya. I started out by creating the very basic shape of the structure itself using a cube then extruding it. I created many sub divisions using the edge loop tool which would help me manipulate the structure's geometry later on. Only when I was happy with the simple shape of the exterior did I progress by adding finer details. By blocking out a simple shape I was able to concentrate on the structures proportions and defining characteristics. This process was not dissimilar to the way I created the silhouettes in photoshop. I new that if I didn't create the structures basic parts first, I would get drawn into modeling the finer details. I hadn't much experience in modeling so this process seemed the most logical way of experimenting with Maya's tools.













No comments:

Post a Comment